Duluth Skyline photo via Tony Webster on Flickr.
Duluth offers a variety of activities for visitors, especially in the summer. We hope you’ll be able to explore some of the sights, sounds and great eats of the city when you are in town from the conference. Consult the list of activities and map below to start planning your visit!
• The Duluth Experience: The Duluth Experience offers many tours so folks can get acquainted with our great city. They offer arts district tours, outdoor adventure tours (for all skill levels), craft beer, historical tours and more. This can be a great option forindividuals or groups.
• Vista Fleet Cruises: Enjoy the best sightseeing on Lake Superior and the Duluth Superior Harbor with the Northland’s longest and only running harbor cruise company. All sightseeing cruises are professionally narrated and offer an abundance of interactive fun and information. Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating is available. Concessions and a full cash bar are available on board each vessel. Reservations are recommended. Great for groups.
• Northshore Scenic Railroad Train Excursion: Trains depart daily from the Historic Union Depot in Downtown Duluth from Mid-April until Late October. The tracks extend all the way to Two Harbors, about 30 miles away, but most excursions run a shorter distance. Options include the Duluth Zephyr traditional ride and the Pizza and Music Train.
• Shopping, Drinks, and Dinner in the Lincoln Park Craft District: There are many great shops, restaurants and breweries in this multiple block stretch of West Superior Street. You can do a self-guided tour or book a guided tour.
• Hiking at Enger Tower: Enjoy a hike at Enger Tower and enjoy beautiful views of Duluth and the Duluth Harbor. Walks range from easy to intermediate. There is also a Japanese garden.
• Lakewalk and Rose Garden: Enjoy walking around on the lake walk and stop to take in the views at the Rose Garden at 15 S 13th Ave E, Duluth, MN 55802.
• Duluth is hosting several events both before and after the conference. Perfect Duluth Day Events has a running list that’s worth a look. Check back often, it will only grow!